Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The first morning....

I woke up at 5:30, the same time as my husband to go to yoga. The class starts at 6:00 and goes until 7, all the mornings I've gone, I have the sunrise waiting for me when I get out. That was not the case today. I realized this morning that its getting to that time of year, where the sun comes up late and goes down early, you feel like you don't get enough done during the day. However, sometimes when I'm up that early I like it, I feel like I'm out in the city before it has had a chance to wake up. Lincoln is funny like that, it tends to wake up and get moving whenever the sun comes up and tends to get sleepy when the sun goes down (well, except if there is a night game).

Since I've been here for graduate school, I've had a new appreciation for this town and my home state itself. Its the kind of appreciation you really don't have until you move away and come back.

Wow, I'm rambling! Gotta jet.

No comments:

Post a Comment